Retail Arabia (henceforth referred to as The Company OR WE), the holding company for “Geant”, “Le Marche” and “Last Chance” Stores recognizes the importance of information privacy. We believe that privacy is more than an issue of compliance – it is one of trust. We strive to manage your personal information in accordance with our basic belief of respect for the individual. This policy describes:
• How and why we collect your personal information.
• How your information is used and protected.
• When and with whom we share your information.
• The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties and treat all data in strict confidence.
Notice and Scope of Our Privacy Practices
Retail Arabia provides customers with clear, prominent, and easily accessible information about its privacy practices. This policy applies to all our brands operated by the group, both in stores and online, in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain.
Our Pledge of Accountability
We expect our associates and business partners to manage your personal information properly and maintain your trust. We are take reasonable and timely steps to ensure compliance.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you to deliver the services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We do this using lawful and fair methods. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
Information You Give Us:
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Geant, both in stores and online. Some examples are when you:
• Create an account on one of our websites;
• Receiving monthly News letters
• Use a gift registry;
• Request customer service or contact us;
• Submit a Geant related story or testimonial;
• Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey; or
• Otherwise submit personal information to us.
Personal information is information that identifies you specifically. The personal information we collect may include contact like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers.
Automated Information Collection:
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
• We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
• We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to provide requested products and services and to support core business functions. These include fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication and fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
• To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
• To register and service your account;
• To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions;
• To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
• To help us improve and customize our service offerings, websites, and advertising;
• To send you information about our products, services and promotions;
• To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business; and
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect online with offline information, including information from third parties.
Sharing of your Information
The company does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others :
We may share your information only under special circumstances. These include situations when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or that the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of the company, our customers, our associates, or any other person. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on our property. Data from in-store security cameras may also be provided to law enforcement upon written request.
Marketing Purposes :
Based only on your express consent, we may share information with carefully selected vendors who may offer you products and services of interest. You may opt-in to this sharing under the “Your Choices” section at our website.
We may share aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you personally. We may do this for research and marketing purposes, for instance to describe our services to prospective partners or advertisers, and for other lawful purposes.
In the unlikely event that the ownership rights of the company are sold, acquired or transferred partially or fully and substantially or fully all of its assets are acquired by an unrelated third party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
• We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We also use an opt-in standard for sharing information with third parties for marketing purposes. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your express consent.
• We use an opt-out standard for all other communications. Opt-out means we will conduct the activity unless you tell us not to.
You can provide us your marketing preferences by sending us a mail on email@example.com
Or you may contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address.
Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests. You can also change your mind about your marketing preferences. To do so, you can contact us at one of the above addresses.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls.
Online Operations and Advertising:
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our websites without accepting cookies. Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our websites, but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain website features.
• Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Netscape Navigator
• Mozilla Firefox
• Apple Safari
• All About Cookies
How to Access and Update Your Information
The company takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete, so we can treat your information properly and effectively under this policy. You can update your information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
• Contact us at the email or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section of this policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will make changes you request or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a company priority. We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information. When we do have to collect your most private personal information, we will protect its confidentiality, prohibit its unlawful disclosure, and limit access to authorized personnel only.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections :
Personal information that is maintained in our offices or stores is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of private information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage of private information. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise made unreadable.
Privacy Protections for Specific Types of Information
• Credit Cards offered through RAK Bank
We also protect the credit or debit card information we collect during transactions. We comply with industry requirements known as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI Standards). These standards require safeguards for handling and securing customer information. These include using secure networks; encryption or other protection of cardholder data; physical and technical access controls; monitors and tests of security systems; and information security policies.
Privacy of Children Online
We are committed to protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect children's personal information, and to meet the standards of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 on any of the Company’s websites without prior parental consent.
Geant-uae.com is a general audience website not geared towards children. In several areas of Geant-uae.com, such as when customers contact us via email, or sign up for e-mail newsletters and alerts, we ask for birth year information. We ask for this to help us ensure that children do not provide us personal information on the site. Please contact us at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section of this policy if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about this policy or about how your information is handled. You can contact us via the addresses below:
Ibn Battuta Mall,
Sheikh Zayed Road
Between Interchange 5 & 6,
You’re UAE Privacy Rights
• We share information with others outside the company only if we have your express consent (opt-in). See How We Share Your Information Outside Geant.
• We may share information with our other divisions within our corporate family. See How We Use Your Information.
Please contact us with any questions, or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose, via the Contact Us section above.
Effective: August 30, 2009