GÉANT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS AND APPLIANCE SERVICE CONTRACT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Service Contract applies to parts and labor in respect of the product stated on the GÉANT Service Contract Certificate for electrical and mechanical defects only.
This Service Contract extends the warranty for the period stated on the Service Contract Certificate (the “Term”) commencing on the date of expiration of the manufacturers initial warranty period as stated on the manufacturer’s initial guarantee.
WHAT IS COVERED:
Customers can get the product repaired from authorized service centers, free of cost to its normal operating condition after it has suffered a covered failure (due to a defect in material or workmanship) during normal use. This Service Contract covers the labor, parts and call-out charge necessary to repair the product subject to the exclusions listed below.
GÉANT Service Contract also covers food damage loss that results from a mechanical, electronic or electrical component failure of a refrigerator or freezer up to 500 UAE Dirhams per claim during the service contract period.
A GÉANT Service Contract may only be purchased within thirty (30) days of delivery of a product and only covers a product which:
· Is purchased as new from GÉANT
· Has included at the time of purchase a manufacturer’s complete and original warranty valid in the UAE
· In the case of consumer products such as electronics and major appliances, the use is or has been limited to domestic and personal use. Office products such as facsimile machines and computers are covered for home and office use.
IN THE EVENT OF BREAKDOWN:
· In order to be eligible under this service contract the customer must report the breakdown or failure within 5 days of the occurrence
· If the product is within the Service Contract term, contact the Extended Warranty hotline number detailed on the service contract certificate. Customers will receive instructions on how to proceed with the repair
· Repairs must only be carried out by Authorized Service Centers of relevant products approved by GÉANT
· In-home service will be provided for all types of major appliances except for portable items (countertop microwave ovens, color televisions under 21”, portable Hi-Fi systems, Home PCs, etc.) which should be brought into the Authorized Service Centers of relevant products approved by GÉANT
· The GÉANT original store invoice must be presented for all repairs to the covered product
· If the breakdown is not covered by the service contract, the customer will be charged for the cost of the repair
· The customer should consult manufacturer’s instructions to determine if the failure to operate is due to circumstances that may be corrected.
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE SERVICE CONTRACT:
· Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers, suppliers or repairers guarantee or warranty
· Non-operating and cosmetic damage such as damage to paintwork, product finish, dents or scratches, to the equipment and broken glass items
· Accessories used in or with the product unless covered under a separate extended warranty service contract. (For example, computer software, modem, scanner, printer, and charger)
· Replacement of any consumable item or accessory. These include, but are not limited to: plugs, fuses, batteries, light bulbs, light covers, cables, filters, attachments, belts, toner, ribbons, drums, tapes or software, add-on options incorporated in a product for which this contract was purchased
· Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the product
· Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modification and de-scaling
· Damage caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary, and accident including earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious damage, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of God, animal or insect infestation or intrusion
· Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, or improper voltage or current
· Cost of removal or reinstallation of the product
· Reception or transmission problem resulting from external causes
· Problems or defects not covered under GÉANT initial guarantee
· Batteries internal or external to the product
· Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to products
· Recalls or modifications to the product
· Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions
· Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance
· Costs if no fault is found with the product
· Costs arising from being unable to use the Product or from damage which results from the Breakdown of the Product
· Commercial usage except product used in rental property, as identified in the Service Contract Certificate.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
GÉANT shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to a person or property, direct, consequential or incidental damages arising from the use of or inability to use the product to the extent that law may disclaim such. This Service Contract does not cover any defects which are subject to a manufacturer’s recall or which are covered under a manufacturer’s program or reimbursement.
This Service Contract is not an insurance policy or guarantee. The Contract only covers equipment which failed due solely to material workmanship or performance of the product.
Upon sale or transfer of ownership of the covered product, this Service Contract may be assigned to another party by contacting the hotline number detailed on the Service Contract Certificate.
This Service Contract is only valid for purchases of Products that are bought and kept within the UAE.
In the event of theft, repossession or fraud, the Service Contract will be cancelled by GÉANT. GÉANT will have the right to terminate the contract if the product is repossessed by any financial institution pursuant to the terms of an agreement between such financial institution and the customer.
GÉANT is entitled, at its sole discretion, to replace the product with the same or similar product rather than to repair the product. The retail value of the replacement will not exceed the purchase price that was actually paid by the customer. Once a warranted product has been replaced, the customer’s cover under this Service Contract will end immediately with no refund. Following such settlement the original defective product will become the property of GÉANT. Any amount unpaid pursuant to the terms of this Service Contract at the time of replacement shall become due and payable to GÉANT.
In the event that food is spoiled due to a covered breakdown of the product, GÉANT will reimburse the service contract holder for such food spoilage up to a total of 500 UAE Dirhams per incidence provided the food spoilage has been verified and inspected within two (2) working days by the authorized repairer and properly documented.
Cancellation of this Service Contract may be made by the purchaser within fourteen (14) days of the service contract application date for any reason by mailing or delivering to GÉANT an advance notice of cancellation and the original GÉANT Service Contract Certificate. Any cancellation requested by the purchaser during this 14-day period will be refunded at 100%.
GÉANT may cancel this service contract by giving fourteen (14) days notice in writing to the customers last known address. GÉANT will refund the purchaser an amount in respect of the remaining full months of warranty cover pro-rata to the original price of the cover.
For Extended Warranty claims and inquiries contact the hotline number detailed on the Service Contract Certificate.
This Service Contract is offered by GÉANT. GÉANT reserve the right to vary, modify or otherwise amend the terms and conditions stated herein according to its sole discretion
INSTANT REPLACEMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What is Covered:
This plan is available on all items up to a value of 500 UAE Dirhams. If a covered product suffers a breakdown caused by a failure in materials, workmanship or performance during normal use, GÉANT (“we”,” us”, “our”) will replace it with an equivalent model up to a maximum of the original purchase price.
If an equivalent or alternative model is not available, then we may at our discretion provide the purchaser (“you”) with store vouchers for the original purchase price.
Your product is covered for one (1) year from expiry of the original manufacturer’s warranty, providing that the original manufactures warranty is no longer than twenty four (24) months.
· Customer must purchase this contract at or within thirty (30) days of purchase of an eligible product
· The product is purchased new from GÉANT and has a manufacturer’s guarantee
· The product is for personal domestic use only
· This contract is only available on carry-in products
· Product failure must be due to normal usage.
Limitation of Liability:
If the product is replaced, the defective product becomes GÉANT property. Customer statutory rights are not affected.
Fraud: All benefits of this service contract are lost if a fraudulent declaration or claim is made.
Extended Warranty Customer Service Hotline: (04) 6014898
Sundays to Thursdays, 8:00AM to 5:00PM